Cherry Plum | Prunus Cerasifera is a species of plum known by Cherry Plum & Myrobalan Plum. It is native to South East Europe, Western Asia & North America.
- Kingdom : Plantae
- Clade : Angiosperms
- Family : Rosaceae
- Genus : Prunus
- Species : P. Cerasifera
It is a popular ornamental tree for gardens & landscaping. Flowers grow very early. Wild types of these are small trees or large shrubs varying in size of 8 – 12 m | 25 – 40 ft, spiny and ovate deciduous leaves (3 – 7 cm long). They come in spring starting in mid Feb. Cherry Plum flowers are white or pale pink and about 2 cm across, with 5 petals & many stamens. Cultivated Cherry Plums can have fruits, foliage, flowers in many colours.
- Cherry Plum consists of fruits of different colour & taste. Colours vary from red to green & white and can taste sweet, sour & even bitter.
- Used in preparation of jams & various other cuisines.
- It has medicinal property as well, it is used as BACH FLOWER REMEDIES & is one out of 5 main ingredients in the most popular “Rescue Remedy”.
- It is prescribed as a Bach Flower Remedy (BFR) to those individuals who have a feeling of Fear, Fear of losing control of the mind and doing some dreadful thing or action.
- This type of Fear is mostly of an unknown origin such as in children doing tantrums & sometimes doing bizarre things in order to overcome their “Fear”. It is surely very effective in such cases and in attainment of Peace.